Do you have stacks of PowerPoint presentations? Do you wish to convert them into engaging online courses? Well, you have to design the content by following an appropriate instructional design strategy and develop it Into an eLearning course using a rapid authoring tool. Here, I would like show how to convert your presentations into eLearning courses, using Articulate Studio.
The step-by-step procedure to convert PowerPoint presentations into eLearning courses using Articulate Studio.
1. Open the PowerPoint Presentation, which you want to convert into an eLearning course.
2. Now, you can add/ modify the slides by updating the content or/and changing their design.
3. To import audio, select Insert from the ribbon menu and clickthe Audio Icon.
4. Choose the audio file and click Insert.
5. Now you have the audio files in your presentation.
6. Click the Audio Icon on the screen then select Playback and change On Click to Automatically.
7. Now move the Audio Icon outside of the screen.
8. Also, you can import audio using the Import Audio option of Articulate Studio.
9. Double click on the slide and choose the audio from the folder. Then, click Open.
10. Also, you can import Flash objects and Videos with PowerPoint as well as with Articulate Studio.
11. To create interactions, select Articulate from the menu and click Engage Interaction.
12. Then, click Create New tab.
13. Select Templates from the window
14. Enter the title of the interaction and click OK.
15. Now you can add the desired text to the interaction.
16. You can import the audio for the interaction by clicking the Audio Icon.
17. You can import Image/Character/Flash/Video for the interaction by clicking the icons under Media.
18. Then click Save and Return to Presenter.
19. Now, you have created the interaction for your presentation.
20. To create the Assessments, Select Articulate from the menu and Click Quizmaker Quiz.
21. Click Create New taband enter the Quiz title, and then click OK.
22. Select Types of Assessment from the menu.
23. Choose the Template and click Insert.
24. Now add the Question text.
25. By default, Articulate Studio provides feedback text for CORRECT and INCORRECT answers. You can replace the feedback text, if you want.
26. Also, you can add audio, video and images to the Assessment by clicking the Media and Sound icons.
27. Then, click Save and Return to Presenter.
28. Now, you have added the assessment to your presentation.
29. To publish, select Articulate from the menu and click Publish.
30. Then select the Publish option to publish your presentation.
31. Then, adjust the player settings like color theme and configure LMS settings as per technical requirements, such as passing score of the quiz and the completion status. Then, adjust the player settings like color theme and configure LMS settings as per technical requirements, such as passing score of the quiz and the completion status.
Apart from these, you can record your own narration for your eLearning course.
By following these steps, can successfully convert your PowerPoint presentation into an eLearning course. Hope you find this blog informative. Please do share your views.
Subscribe to Our Blogs
Get CommLab's latest eLearning articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below: