Pressure is defined as urgency in one’s personal and professional affairs or business. Working under pressure is the reality of many people’s professional lives. Some people have to deal with very high pressure every minute of their lives while others have to deal with it as the project deadline approaches.
People working with the bomb squad, the President of United States’ bodyguards or neurosurgeons are examples of high pressure jobs where pressure is an omnipresent factor. Meeting sales targets or financial targets, or project delivery are the kinds of work where pressure increases as the deadline approaches closer.
Generally, very high pressure jobs are the ones that are highly paid, purely because you need exemplary mental and physical resilience to simply go through a work day and emerge unscathed. One also has to be ready to go through this kind of pressure, day after day, year after year. It’s good for somebody who looks forward to it with enthusiasm enough to last a lifetime or one who has the courage to carve a career out of it. However, it’s not everybody’s cup of tea.
Pressure can be utilized in various ways, sometimes to better your team’s performance and productivity. There are a great number of people who work only under pressure and are unable to perform satisfactorily in the absence of pressure.
There are a few prerequisites to be able to work well under pressure. They are:
- Mental Resilience is Extremely Important. This refers to the strength to not lose your emotional balance when faced with high pressure situations. Only people who are mentally resilient can stay motivated under high pressure and keep at their task without giving up. This quality alone can prevent early burnouts and help keep you in shape health-wise while meeting deadlines.
- Planning is Indispensible. Situations or actions that can be anticipated will help you tackle them better under pressure and give you the results that you want. Planning ahead definitely gives you an upper hand.
- Focus is Vital. This ultimately helps you achieve what you want—whether under pressure or not. So, it can be the deciding factor in the race to meet your goal.
- Delegate Work. It’s impossible to do everything under the sun—instead delegate work. This is a worthwhile exercise and can help meet professional deadlines. Breaking the project into bits and working to meet the “bit” deadline is far easier. By meeting these “bit” deadlines, you will complete the entire project well in time.
- Be Composed. Composure is a valuable asset for people with high pressure jobs. The ability to remain calm and collected is helpful in many ways. It helps you stay focused, think rationally and take correct decisions. When calm, you are in control of the situation and can respond to it appropriately.
- Be Adaptable and Flexible. These two qualities are useful weapons in your artillery to deal with high pressure situations that can sometimes change your world upside down in a matter of minutes.
These are the qualities that will help you move on in life, instead of being bogged down by analytical rhetoric over what happened.
Do share your thoughts in the same.
Subscribe to Our Blogs
Get CommLab's latest eLearning articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below:
It is no exaggeration to say that effective instructional design is the crux of a good e-learning course. Well-designed online courses not only help transfer information to the learner, but also enable him to utilize it efficiently to enhance his performance.
E-learning is a highly effective training medium. According to a report released by IBM, companies who utilize online training tools and strategies have the potential to boost productivity by up to 50%. For every $1 that a company spends, it’s estimated that it can receive $30 worth of productivity.
Employee health and safety constitute the most important aspect for organizations and that’s the reason they invest in health and safety training. Providing appropriate training will help in making employees competent in health and safetyaspects and avoiding the financial costs related toaccidents and occupational ill health. These trainings are most effective when immediately incorporated into standard operating procedures, workplace practices, and individual job performance requirements.
It is well-known that products are the revenue generators of an organization and delivering good training to staff members on products is very important. But, how can firms provide impart product training of high efficacy to their people? Well, they need to use e-learning.
It is common knowledge that well-designed induction training programs go a long way in enabling new employees to perform efficiently. They provide all the needed information about the company and its policies. Good induction training programs help new personnel “get into the groove” quickly and effectively, by making the staff members feel at home.
Nowadays, creating e-learning is simple and easy, if you have tools like PowerPoint and Articulate Storyline. You can quickly publish them into e-learning and upload on to the LMS. But it is very important that the e-learning is engaging to the learners. To engage the learners, we try to add many interactivities and attractive visuals such as infographics and gaming assessments. In addition to these, there are other basic aspects to be considered to make your e-learning courses engaging.
E-learning today is being widely used for training adults. We are all aware of the fact that adults need to know why they should undergo training and what will they benefit by it. To fulfill this basic requirement of the adult learners, it has always been recommended that we frame measurable learning objectives.
Total quality management is a journey, not a destination.” (Berry).
Quality check is a process that determines whether all important elements of quality are met as per the set criteria. Quality control helps to keep up the accuracy and efficiency of the course.
Why is it that some online learning initiatives succeed, while others do not? Is there some secret formula to develop successful online training?
We work with individuals, training managers, organizations and companies to create online training programs. Based on our experiences with our customers, we understand the difficulties of traditional learning to put new e-learning ideas into practice. Here are some simple ways to improve your e-learning and online training very effectively.