Welcome to today’s blog post. There are many learning theories and models followed in the training industry depending on the need and circumstances. Each one of these begins with an analysis phase. This phase demands thorough understanding of the training need and the proposed target audiences that undergo the training. Understanding your target audience stands as a strong foundation to building a well acknowledged course. In this post, we will discuss a few questions that you need to ask your stakeholders regarding the target audience and also understand the significance of each of them.
1. How old are they?
2. What is the learner’s educational background?
3. What is the learner’s English language competency level?
4. What is the learner’s cultural background?
5. What is the learner’s experience level with e-learning?
6. What is the learner’s computer literacy level?
7. What are the current motivational levels of the learner? Is the learner aware of the importance of the training to his job?
8. What is the gender composition of the target audience?
9. What do you want your learners to do after completing the course?
10. How familiar is the learner with the subject?
Getting the answers to these questions during the initial stages of development is vital to develop the right course with the right content. This will help you focus on the making your course a perfect solution for your learners. It will perfectly align your course objectives with the performance goal of the learner.
Have any more questions to add to this list?
Please feel free to leave your comments in the section below.
Subscribe to Our Blogs
Get CommLab's latest eLearning articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below: