In my previous blog, I have discussed about what is Sustainable Development and how is it beneficial to organizations. In case you missed the previous post, here it is How is Sustainable Development beneficial to organizations. In this blog, I would like to share how sustainability in organizations is achieved through training.
As discussed, although implementing the sustainability strategies is not an easy task, a well-planned and integrated sustainability practice into business activities helps to reduce the risk and increases business profitability, competitive advantage. This shows a need for on-going training on sustainability in organizations in order to keep the employees with the changing business environment and shifting talent needs.
Training employees about sustainability will be a great challenge for any management or human resources team as employee engagement plays an important role to make a business sustainable. It helps improve employees and management’s knowledge and develop skills on sustainability. By Introducing organizations policies and procedures to employees it will empower people to implement new practices effectively, produce better results and move organization closer to achieve its goals. Therefore to develop a training to train worldwide employees in less time and which is cost effective ELearning can be an effective tool to develop on-line training on sustainability.
To give you an idea on how an eLearning on sustainability looks like, we have designed an eLearning course for one of our reputed clients, touching important aspects of Sustainability, how it supports organizations brand and mission to make planet more productive, values of ethics & integrity and how it brings values to the business, employees and communities. We have used effective instructional strategy and visual strategy and presented the content in an engaging and interesting way.
- Our Instructional Designers discerned the right information to address both the learners and used various strategies to support onscreen with visuals in an effective way.
- We maintained consistent style in presenting the content and ensured that the learners focus on the course content.
- We used environment theme to the interface that depicts ‘go green’ concept.
- On-screen text was self-explanatory and even the images created by us complemented the learning material.
- We used apt images for the content that helped the learners in understanding the content quickly.
- To explain the topics more effectively, we created info-graphs and icons that engaged the learners.
- Audio was kept to minimum in the screens which had self-explanatory text, and explanatory audio was given to the screens which had animations.
- We have also given job-aids so that novice learners to access the additional information.
- Final Quiz was added to reinforce and track the learning.
Here are the sample screenshots:
Thus eLearning can play a very important role in raising sustainability awareness in organizations and helps to Increase the competitive edge and profitability, build brand reputation and reduce costs.
Do share your views.
Subscribe to Our Blogs
Get CommLab's latest eLearning articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below: