Will it be enough if sales person does his/ her job by selling the goods? As we all know the sales team is the backbone of an organization. A successful sales person not only requires the right attitude, but also a right mind set. A sales person who is successful never allows failure to knock him off the path that he has chalked out for himself.
A successful sales person should be able to produce desired results despite market conditions, product deficiencies and expand existing business. Here are a few strengths to be an effective and successful salesperson:
- Goal oriented: The main motive of every organization is to increase their sales and make profits. Majority of the organizations draw out estimated sales targets for every year. The responsibility lies with the sales person to not only meet the sales target but also go beyond that. Each and every sales person should be goal oriented and must work towards achieving the sales figures.
- Self confidence: Self confidence is a very important to be a successful sales person. He must have confidence on himself and on the work that he is doing.
- Pleasant and convincing nature: The sales person should possess a pleasing personality and should be able to speak convincingly as they directly interact with the customers. He should know how to convince a customer and should be pleasant while interacting so that the customer places an order.
- Positive attitude: In order to be a successful sales person it is very important to have a positive attitude. Positive attitude helps the sales person to learn from their own mistakes and make amendments. Having a positive attitude helps the sales person to identify prospects and build relationships.
- Current information: The sales people should have the latest information about the product, quality, price and unique selling proposition of that product. He should also have the knowledge about potential markets, customer’s wants and desires.
- Responsible: To be a successful sales person, he should take the responsibility of the sales pipeline and value creation. The sales person cannot blame others for the internal issues, competitors or anything else when he fails to meet his sales quotas.
- Good communication: The sales people must have good communication skills; they should be fluent speaker, active listener and should know the importance of body language.
- Passionate: It is very important for a sales person to be passionate and enthusiastic about the products and the services that he is dealing. He should have faith in the products or services he sells and the organization that he represents.
- Product knowledge: A sales person should have complete knowledge of the product, its benefits, applications and uses so that it would help him in answering the queries raised by a potential customer.
- Work ethic: A successful sales person will abide by the work ethics of his organization. This attitude will help him go a long way to achieve success in his selling career. Good work ethics and habits play a crucial role in day to day life of the sales people.
In short, a successful sales person should be goal oriented, able to master the strengths and control their own destiny.
Subscribe to Our eLearning Design Blogs
Get CommLab's latest eLearning articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below:
Take a moment and think from the learner’s perspective. Think of the ways to learn better; think of the elements that motivate you to learn; think of the problems that you face while learning something new or difficult. Once you answer these questions and understand your learning style, you are all set to develop a learner-centric eLearning course. After all, eLearning is all about making your learners learn better. Your eLearning course should be centered around the interest of your learners. As an instructional designer, I would like to share a few tips to design the perfect online course and create learner delight.
The biggest challenge of instructional designers, while developing an eLearning course, is to maintain the motivation levels of learners. As it’s very difficult for the instructors to connect with the learners directly, it’s important to design the course in an effective and communicative manner. It is essential that an online course is understood by different types of learners. Strategy differs from learner to learner. There is a close relationship between a learner’s personality and his lifestyle. Personality governs the way a learner controls intuition during the learning process. But, how can you deal with different types of learners in an online course?
The main purpose of training is to improve business performance by increasing revenue and reducing costs.Organizations spend billions on employee training and development programs because imparting effective training helps companies enhance the knowledge, skills and capabilities of their employees, thereby enhancing their productivity.
Information security problems are on the rise affecting all organizations. Organizations are losing millions of dollars every year. According to a survey conducted by PwC on data-security breaches, 450k to 850k pounds is the average cost to a large organization of its worst security breach of the year.
The eLearning industry is stepping into the next level with the help of advanced technologies and fluctuating trends. Moreover,now-a-days curriculumis getting more interactive and the learners are shifting in large numbers to mobile devices. As a consequence, the process of eLearning designing is changing. To suit these trends and changes, HTML5 is being used for the development of online courses.
When designing an eLearning course, we think of different strategies to make the course interesting and engaging. Even after putting all efforts, we get to know that the instructional strategy used is not appropriate, and all our hard work would go in vain.
It is an accepted truth that employees are the valued resources of any organization. Organizational success depends entirely on the performance of the employees. In order to face their competitors, organizations have to ensure efficient employees who are capable of updating themselves in the continuously changing business environment. Now, companies spend lots of money to train and educate their employees. The importance of training and developing the employees’ skills is rapidly growing.
According to a report published by Docebo, eLearning revenues from Europe are likely to touch $ 8.1 billion by 2016.
Small and mid-sized businesses are finding it easy to provide technology-enabled learning to their employees at affordable prices. Moreover, online courses can be taken anywhere, anytime, and this useful feature helps overcome barriers such as availability of time and space.
Instructional design is the most significant aspect of a good eLearning course. Being an instructional designer or a learning technology professional, you need to design the course in such a way that it should assist the learner in applying what he has learnt to his work.
As we know, every organization follows a set of rules and regulations. Employees need to be trained on those rules and regulations to have a basic knowledge of their standards toward the organization and customers. And, they have a clear understanding of what they can do and what they cannot. So, organizations may not be at risk when their employees know about their legal duties.