In this competitive world of business, innovations and the speedy launch of products has become a necessity for organizations. So they keep updating existing products and launch new products. On the other hand, due to rapid changes in technology, these products are becoming increasingly complex. All these changing scenarios are making the job of your sales team more complicated.
It is not easy to convince prospective customers to choose your product or service. Today’s customers are digitally connected and gather prior knowledge about your and competing products. They will listen to your sales team, only if they have all the information and this can be achieved only through training.
However as we know, sales people have high targets to achieve and are very hard pressed for time. They keep travelling most of their time. Hence, they must be given an option to learn whenever they wish to and whenever they need knowledge the most.
An online curriculum can be the best possible solution for this.
Curriculum is a set of byte sized courses which can be used to impart comprehensive training. Your sales team can access any module when they wish to, as per their convenience. They can learn about products or get updated on selling skills during off-work hours and revisit courses to clarify doubts and reinforce knowledge when needed.
Check out this infographic for more information about curriculum courses
What should a sales/product training curriculum include?
“We have been working with many small and big sized companies and they generally come up with these product training needs. I would like to share my views in this blog”
- Buyer Persona: Buyer persona is an important part of product training. It includes a description of prospective customers with specific information on who will buy your product, what buyers need, their buying patterns, and the stages of the buyer journey.
- Product Features: The next piece of information that makes your product stand out is the features of your product. The Sales person must be able to explain all the distinguishing features that your product has.
- Product Benefits: Traditionally, organizations used to focus only on this aspect. But now, people are giving more importance to the benefits your product or solution offers rather than just the features. So this is equally important information to consider for training.
- Competing Products: Sales people must also be trained on what your competitors are selling, the features and benefits of competing products and how your product is superior to them.
- Alternative Products: Now-a-days, many alternative solutions are available for every need. For example, for training you have classrooms, eLearning, and mobile learning as well. Each of these has its own advantages and disadvantages. Based on customer preferences and needs, sales people should be able to use the relevant information.
- Selling Skills and Customer Objections: Every customer has a unique attitude, needs, concerns, objections, and questions. Your team should be well trained on how to address these objections effectively. Training on the best practices of selling can be helpful when they are on the field.
- Market Introduction: If your product caters to the needs of different industries, then it is better that you provide an overview of the market. A better understanding of the buying center and their needs or challenges will help your sales team relate those challenges to your solution/ product. Market expertise is always an added advantage.
- Product Usage: The rapid developments in technology are making products more and more complex in nature. So buyers will be interested in knowing how the product will help them and how to actually use the product. Especially, if you deal with heavy equipment or complicated machinery, it is a must that you include this information in your curriculum. This can also impact the purchasing decision.
Providing training to sales people is not a one-off event, it must be a continual process. An online product/ sales curriculum can help you equip your sales team with the needed skills and knowledge. Byte-sized courses covering the above aspects which can be accessed anytime anywhere is the best performance aids for your sales team.
Do share your thoughts.
Subscribe to Our Blogs
Get CommLab's latest eLearning articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below: