After analyzing the client inputs, we suggested that the course be divided into smaller micro-modules. A micro-module is a small part of the course which is easily digestible by the learner. Also, we advised the client to develop the course in Articulate Storyline. This tool can be used to make your e-learning courses interactive and HTML5-compatible in quick time. You can access the courses on iPads. We followed the steps given below to develop micro-modules.
- We divided the course into five smaller micro-modules by framing learning objectives for each module. The duration of each module is 10-15 minutes.
- We created an outline for each micro-module.
- We chunked the content to facilitate easy understanding of the topics.
- We divided resources based on topics dealt in the micro-modules and added them in resource section of each module.
- We divided the questions in the final assessment based on the topics covered in the micro-modules.
Here are some benefits of micro-modules to the learner:
- Quick Learning: As micro-courses are short, the learner can easily understand the information.
- Easy Access: You can access courses easily, anytime, anywhere. As the courses are ‘small’, there are no loading issues.
- One Go: The learner can complete the module in one go, easily, as its duration does not exceed 15 minutes.
- Tracking: It is easier to track the learner progress for each module, when compared to the entire course.
The client was very impressed after seeing the output. Now, their employees are able complete the training in a short time as the duration of the modules isonly 10-15 minutes. Also, they are able to access courses on iPads and complete the training even while travelling.
Hope you find this post interesting. Do share your views.
Subscribe to Our Blogs
Get CommLab's latest eLearning articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below: