E-learning is the term used to describe the format of learning, where training is accessible in the form of customized eLearning courseware, or through live virtual classes or webinars.
E-learning provides competitive advantage to multinational companies that are spread across the world. It can improve efficiency and help organizations achieve their business objectives effectively.
Let’s see why eLearning is ideal for workplace training.
E-learning enables organizations to impart training to their employees, channel partners and customers quickly and easily, irrespective of their location.
1. Train employees across the globe: IntiatiteTraining to individuals, or even a small group of people, would take up very little resources and still can be managed from a remote location.
For example, you can train your sales force, spread across different continents and time-zones, on the features and benefits of a new product, at the same time from a remote location. As a result, your sales team gets ready to market the product in quick time, resulting in better sales revenues.
2. Consistency in the quality of training: E-learning ensures the quality of training is uniform across all divisions of the organization.
In a traditional training program, a few employees are initially trained, and these personnel conduct sessions to train other team members.
The quality of training, depends on individual trainers and will not be consistent. Whereas, eLearning provides consistency in the training program and ensures every individual receives training of the same quality.
3. Less training preparation time: Once an LMS is in place, it reduces the time spent on logistical arrangements, such as travel and lodging of participants, finalization of venue and related arrangements.
As the process is automated, training managers need not spend time on administrative responsibilities and can concentrate on developing eLearning course content, after researching organizational needs.
4. Reduces learning and development costs: E-learning does reduce learning and development costs in the long run. You need to spend only once to develop an online course, which can be used any number of times.Travel, accommodation and organizing costs involved in instructor led training, are eliminated.
Training new employees would also be easier, as they can take the training without having to wait for a group or availability of an instructor.
5. Personal learning needs: Online training modules cater to individual learning needs. Each individual has his or her own pace of learning.
In an eLearning environment, there is scope for individuals to learn at their own pace and as a result, they will be in a position to better assimilate what is being taught. This will help in successfully attaining the objectives of the training program.
To sum up, changing to eLearning solutions can prove to be highly beneficial for organizations, due to the ease with they can reach out to a wider audience, at lower costs – be it for product training, customer training or employee motivation. Please do share your thoughts!
Subscribe to Our Blogs
Get CommLab's latest eLearning articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below: