Learning Culture is the team’s acceptance of a set of attitudes, values practices that support the process of continuous learning. Individuals and teams constantly invest their time in learning and developing themselves as a part of Learning Culture.
In my previous blog we have discussed the importance and benefits of a Learning Culture. Let’s see the following examples, where eLearning played a significant role in promoting Learning Culture in organizations.
Amway is one of the largest global companies with 13,000 employees and more than 3 million sales distributors around the world. Amway identified the need for a powerful learning culture and it has adopted the same through video story telling sessions, which is a part of eLearning.
In capturing and sharing those powerful videos across the world to its distributors, Amway succeeded in creating a Learning Environment.
One of the leading banks in the Middle East faced challenges in establishing a Learning Culture in the organization.The bank had issues associated with time, location, insufficient number for classroom participants, lack of technology involved in training, cost etc.
In order to resolve this, the management of the bank has decided to bring technology enabled & customized eLearning into the picture. Within a month’s time, the bank could show the results in better productivity of the work force.
Let’s see how eLearning played vital role in promoting Learning Culture in these organizations:
1. Removes Barriers for Learning: eLearning is self-paced and can be taken whenever needed. People from different locations can access the course usually at any time convenient to them. For people who find it difficult to incorporate training into their schedules, Just-In-Time can make learning possible for them.
2. Engages Learners: eLearning is interactive in nature. It ensures empowering employees to take charge of their own learning. Assessments and interactivities in eLearning will help the learner to reinforce his learning. There will be opportunity to revisit the previous sections, based on learner requirement.
3. Increases Motivation: eLearning will improve employee motivation, as it reduces the variability introduced through multiple sessions in different locations. Downloadable certificates provide evidence of learning and success, which adds value to the learning and promotes Learning Culture.
4. Up-to-date: eLearning courses are quick and easy to update, at any given point of time. eLearning is easy to relay, manage and control via Learning Management System.
5. Fast and Re-Usable: eLearning is fast in nature and re-useable, unlike instructor led training. According to an article by Jennifer Salopek in “Training and Development Magazine”, e-learning courses progress up to 50 percent faster than traditional courses. This is one of the reasons behind organizations taking the help of eLearning to promote Leaning Culture.
6. Cost Effective: eLearning is also Cost effective. This is one of the influential factors for organizations to prefer eLearning. It reduces all direct and indirect costs associated with training.
This is how eLearning plays a significant role in promoting Learning Culture.
Please do share your comments.
Subscribe to Our Blogs
Get CommLab's latest eLearning articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below: