As with any other initiative, eLearning has its share of hurdles and challenges. Listed here are some hurdles faced by learners, practitioners, and stakeholders.
- It is difficult to implement eLearning if not self-driven
- Bad experience with eLearning in the past – where it promised too much and delivered too little – results in a credibility problem, learner avoidance, and bored learners
For learning practitioners:
- The main challenge is to create a culture of eLearning
- Trying to get stakeholder buy in on utility value
- Time consuming development
- Insufficient funding for eLearning development
- The challenge is that high-quality, well designed eLearning requires time and money
- There are too many options out there and decision-making is difficult.
A carefully thought-out strategy should address all of the above issues – it’s the only way to overcome the challenges of eLearning.
Subscribe to Our Blogs
Get CommLab's latest eLearning articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below: