As an instructional designer or a learning technology professional, you may always be in search of information that can help you create highly engaging and effective online courses. I have compiled a list of eBooks that can make your search easy.
1. 25 Incredible Examples of E-learning Assessments
It is well-known that assessments play a key role in the learning process and they are used to measure learners’ understanding of the subject. In an eLearning course, two types of assessments are used – formative and summative. Formative assessments are conducted after completing each topic, and feedback is provided immediately after a question is answered. On the other hand, a summative assessment is an evaluation at the end of the course, and here, feedback is not provided. Assessments can be more effective if they are presented in the form of games. For example, we can present an assessment question using the game of cricket. If the learner selects the right answer, an “animated player” hits a six, and if he selects an incorrect answer, the ball hits the stumps.
This eBook provides detailed answers to the following.
- What are the ways to make your formative assessments interactive and engaging?
- What are the ideas to gamify your assessments?
- What are the games which you can use while designing assessments for your online course?
2. 10 E-learning Interactivities that Engage Your Learners
As instructional designers, we always think of new ways to present information to help learners get involved in the learning process and retain information for longer periods. It is important to choose the right interactivities, so that you can ensure that the learners “connect” themselves with the course.
This eBook will help instructional designers make the best use of interactivities in online courses and contains comprehensive information about 10 eLearning interactivities that engage your learners. They are:
- Click on Images
- Numbers/ Processes
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Flip Cards
3. Best Practices for Content Chunking to Create Cogent E-learning Courses
As we all know, one of the important aspects of instructional design is content chunking. Instructional designers need to break long strings of information into understandable chunks and delete extraneous data. When the content is divided into small chunks, it becomes easy for the learner to understand the topic and helps him retain information longer and recall it effectively.
You will find answers to questions such as the following.
- What is content chunking?
- Why is content chunking important?
- What are the steps in the content chunking process?
- How to chunk content, easily, and effectively?
- What are the aspects to be considered before chunking learning content?
4. Best Practices for E-learning Design and Development
Do you want to learn how to build professional, engaging, and interactive eLearning courses that meet your specific training objectives? Here is an eBook where you can learn to design an excellent eLearning course.
The eBook answers the following.
- What does it take to design an effective eLearning program?
- What are the stages of an eLearning development process?
- How can you develop a strategy for your online course?
- Why do you need to review the developed online course?
- How can you deploy online courses?
5. How to Select the Right Rapid Authoring Tool
Today, in the market, there are many rapid authoring tools, and choosing the right authoring tool is a difficult task. It is very important to know the features, advantages and limitations of various tools to make an informed choice.
This eBook will help you select the “ideal” tool by providing comprehensive information about 5 widely used rapid authoring tools. They are:
- Articulate Storyline
- Articulate Studio 13
- Adobe Captivate 8
- Lectora Inspire 11
- iSpring Presenter 7
It also covers the features of:
- Adobe Presenter 9
- Adobe Premiere
- FlipBook Maker
6. Articulate Storyline for Building E-learning Courses
In today’s market, there are many rapid authoring tools. Articulate Storyline is the most popular among them. Articulate Storyline can be used to build eLearning courses, very efficiently, in quick time, at low cost.
By reading this eBook, you will get answers to the following.
- How is Articulate Storyline different from traditional authoring tools?
- What are the features of Storyline that make it very popular with eLearning designers and developers?
- How can you develop interactive courses using Storyline?
- How does Storyline simplify the implementation of learning strategies?
- How can Storyline be used in different training situations?
7. Mobile Learning 101 – All You Need to Know to Get Started
Mobile technology has transformed our lives significantly, and today, there is a phenomenal growth in the number of users of the “mobile Internet”. This growth is compelling companies to develop and deliver online courses that can be accessed effectively on mobile devices. This free eBook provides comprehensive information on the design and development of mobile learning courses.
The eBook will give answers to the following.
- Why does mobile learning require a separate strategy?
- How can mobile learning be blended with existing training programs?
- What are the factors that you need to consider to implement mobile learning?
- What are the learning design strategies that are unique to mobile learning?
- How can you use mobile learning in different training situations?
I hope you find these eBooks useful. To know more about our eBooks on eLearning, click here.
Subscribe to Our Blogs
Get CommLab's latest eLearning articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below: