Storyboarding is a great way to create an eLearning course. It considers all aspects that need to be covered for your eLearning course such as the course content, images, and design elements and so on. However, we live in an age of tight schedules and require ways to develop online courses quickly and easily.
If you are looking for a novel ways to create eLearning courses that meet your rapidly evolving training needs, then here are 5 simple ways to convert PowerPoint storyboards into rapid eLearning courses.
1. Innovate with Text: Text is an integral part of any eLearning course, and you can set up various text layouts within the slide master. This helps reduce rework on titles and subtitles, in each slide. You can also explore a bit further with new font styles, giving your course that extra shine with a new, funky font. All rapid authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline, Lectora and Adobe Captivate are very supportive, when it comes to text alterations and changes.
2. Incorporate Multimedia Elements: PowerPoint comes with a whole set of multimedia elements such as audio, videos and animations that can be synchronized in a jiffy! You can also record and add your own videos and audio to provide a “personal touch”. For instance, while importing your PowerPoint presentation into Articulate Storyline, you don’t need to do any kind of additional work when it comes to synchronization of media elements. All you need to do is import the PowerPoint file and you’re done!
3. Integrate Flash Animations: Many a time, we want to add fun, animation elements that can be developed only in Flash. This may not be a viable option with PowerPoint. However, once you import your course into an authoring tool, all you need to do is insert/import your Flash files. If you want to create your own Flash-like interactivity, you can make use of Lectora’s Flash interaction builder to create funny Flash animations within the authoring tool! Have a look at Articulate Storyline’s Flash features.
4. Insert Resources: There is always a lot of information to share with learners. However, constraints such as limited time may not allow you to do so. In such a case, you can cut down on a few of slides and attach them as a PDF resource which your learners can have as a take away. Every authoring tool comes with this, making your work easier and quicker in PowerPoint. Let’s take a look at how it’s done in Articulate Storyline.
5. Include Design Templates: Last but not the least, as designers; we tend to spend more time and efforts in beautifying our slides with various colors and other design elements. Another helpful aspect of PowerPoint is that it comes with a pre-existing set of designs for you to choose from, and you can use it to improvise in terms of colors and fonts easily. As a result, considerable time and money is saved.
These are just a few tips that give you an idea on how you can convert your PowerPoint presentations into rapid eLearning courses. With rapid authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline, Lectora and Adobe Captivate, your PowerPoint presentations can turn into an eLearning course in an instant. What do you think?
Subscribe to Our Blogs
Get CommLab's latest eLearning articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below: